Sunday, July 23, 2023

The 2 Possible Collected Ambrotypes

I have the Ambrotypes ready for the second phase of the Alberta Art Collection buy. I drop them off next week for inspection and judgement. They are not perfect, but they are quite beautiful. I love each in its own way.

If the images sell and are added to the "Alberta Collection" it will allow the trees to live on. They could possibly live longer in the collection than the live trees do in real-life. These tree Ambrotypes might be shown 100-200-300 years from today, anything is possible. It is like another form, another longer lasting type of life.  I am pleased the Ambrotypes might be collected but am also happy about the possible $2000 that might be earned.  $2000 worth of Silver Nitrate would be bought with that money. More Silver Nitrate allows for more Ambrotypes, bigger and better ones! Anything that allows me to make more pictures, fills me with joy.

These are the two images.

Cottonwoods #3, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 2022
Cottonwoods #8, AMBROTOS KANATA, Drumheller, Alberta, Canada, Sept. 202