Monday, July 3, 2023

VIDEO: A Beginning, TEARS OF A BUTTERFLY


Started work on the rough draft layout for the TEARS OF A BUTTERFLY retrospective book. 

Note* I can make the book a PDF file to submit to the important people as well.

Note** The selection of images is currently small. In the future it would include. THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, MY FATHERS LAST DAYS, EARLY WORK, AMBROTOS KANATA, SUKUMVIT AT NIGHT, STREET LIFE, BODY SELLERS, BARGIRL, 3 HEARTS and KODOKU imagery.


Thoughts on the book from a previous blog:

Was laying and relaxing before work tonight dreaming of photography things. I was thinking about my photography retrospective book TEARS OF A BUTTERFLY. I want to do a book of photographs and a book of photographic stories. 2 separate books or maybe one that can be combined.

To start with I thought a rough draft photograph book might be the easiest way to go. I am thinking:

- 1 photo per page numbers.

- no bleeds to edges, want white mat board spaces around the photographs.

- 3 format sizes, square, horizontal and vertical 

-  No titles or page. Umbers. Let the picture speak for itself. I do not want distractions.

- full detailed titles with mini pics at the back of book

- pictures in random order from my lifetime in photos. This might need to change to subjects and chapters if it is too confusing.

- I will print out a normal paper rough draft, page by page using WORD for a black binder.

- a brief introduction and title page.

When completed, this rough draft will provide a solid beginning to the book, that I can show around and move forward from. 

It will also provide a photographic change of pace from my top heavy AMBROTOS KANATA Ambrotype workload.