Thursday, July 13, 2023

CAMERAMOBILE!

 So how do you move a 150lb plus view camera in the field to make wet plate collodion Ambrotypes? How do to you manage to move this huge camera through your 60s and into your 70s??? How can you shoot such a cool tool into old age?

I might have found a solution THE CAMERAMOBILE!! Sort of my version of the Batmobile.

It is a former sailboat dolly made of 2 inches 3/16 inch aluminum tubing and heavy duty wheels. The unit is rated to 500lbs. I can remove the wheels when I transport it in the darkroom trailer. This thing is fairly light and strong.

I was thinking off adding 4 trailer jacks to it . I could create a type of tripod. I could use the jacks to raise the trailer at the front or back or on all 4 side. This would help with uneven ground and composition.

 I am not sure this will work but am going to give this a go in 1 or 2 years when I start using the HF3535.

Cost $400 CAD.

Here’s hoping my cameramobile works!!