Monday, July 10, 2023

Keep It And Think Some Morw

I was going to toss this varnished plate in the garbage wash, then clean it and use the glass again. I then changed my mind. I think I might keep it.

In the future I hope to do more documentary type Ambrotype imagery. This photo makes me thing that way. It shows the forest in a non complimentary, non beauty way. 

One of the subjects I want to cover in the project is the murder genocide happening to First Nations Native woman across the country. To tell that terrible story visually I wanted to photograph the families of the lost and the locations their bodies were found in. It is important those Ambrotypes are honest to the crime, isolation and tragedy the individual experienced. I do not want beautiful forest scenes. The picture must be true to the reality that occurred there.

This Ambrotype gives  a bit of what I am looking for. A sense of loss, abandonment, isolation and indifference.. I will keep this Ambro and think on it some more.