Monday, January 1, 2024

24X24 Silver Nitrate Tank and Stand

I ordered a 24x24 inch acrylic silver tank and a wooden stand from Alexander in the Ukraine last night. I will mount the stand onto the floor of the darkroom trailer and attach the tank to the stand. The unit, plus lid should be leak proof, meaning I can put the lid on and drive without fear of spilling very expensive silver nitrate! Not sure I will have the guts to do that, but its the plan. 

This new tank unit will allow me to shoot the 24x24 inch Chamonix next season. The tank should be easy and efficient to use. HERE'S HOPING!! Cost including expensive shipping is around $1700 CAD. I will have to pay some border duties and taxes as well.

Note * I asked the builder to also add a cross wood panel on the front of the stand to add support.


Wooden tank stand
24x24 inch Silver Tank
Dipper for tank