Sunday, September 27, 2020

Trailer 1 Year Old

 from Facebook...

One year ago I got my sweet wet plate darkroom trailer. I should have it on the road and working next spring. It will save a ton of carrying and set up time. The tent works fine but it is difficult to use. I should be setting up the water pump for the sink in the trailer next week. Also thinking of putting a root platform to allow shooting from a higher vantage point, a exhaust fan and solar panels on it to help keep the battery charged. Might also try an inverter system of some kind. I have a small one in the unit now but it can only handle a AC timer, or small light. Some have also suggested air conditioning, not sure on that one thou. Will also need to figure out the best way to secure stuff for travelling. Most of the storage in the unit is second hand Goodwill plastic containers.'
 
Also trying to figure the best way to use the unit if I do some colder weather shooting. Hard to do a wet plate project like CANADA when you never shoot in the snow.