Thursday, September 3, 2020

Plans For Next Week

 from Facebook...
 
Looking forward to starting the KANATA photo project next week. Will be making pics in a small local National Park called Elk Island. No trailer as I do not have a towing vehicle at present. Will be working out of my ice fishing tent. Am making this start as simple as I can, will be shooting 4x5 clear glass ambrotypes. Was able to borrow a park pass for 3 days. I hope to visit the park at least 2 maybe 3 of those days. It should be fun!!! The plan is to shoot small details of things found in the park with wider angle modern 4x5 lens. Hopefully some simple but effective pretty little photos. Later on the plates will be coated with asphaltum (just like olden times). This KANATA photo project start is beginning 2 years earlier than I expected. When your a 56 year old dude trying to learn wet plate and when your subject is CANADA, starting early is never a bad thing!
 
Got my new darkroom trailer water pump today, will try hooking that up next week as well. Also ordered 2-4x5 plate storage boxes and 1-4x5 holding tank from Lund Photographics. No traveling to Thai on September 7th but lots of stuff on the go to distract!
 
God I wish I could fly to Thailand and continue the work there! Vaccine come quickly and safely to the world, PLEASE!