Thursday, July 26, 2018

Printing After Work

This morning after last nights security guard night shift I went home and into the darkroom, where I printed for 2 hours. I need to get my best "Families of the Dump" negs made up by September 1. Having a world class social documentary photog like Greg Constantine in the same gallery at the same time as myself is very intimidating. I need to tell "Families of the Dump" in a strong and powerful way, the photos need to be able to stand up to Mr. Constantine's work with the Rohingya. Failing to tell the dump family story well is an injustice to all my friends in Mae Sot and to the Penticton Art Gallery. I need to get the most powerful negs printed to the best of my ability for this exhibition. If that means working in the dark after my night shifts and working 12 plus hour printing days on my days off for over a month, so be it! Gosh I better buy more photo paper!!!

Note* I might also try to do up some recent 11x14 or 16x20 color images for the exhibition as well, thou I am not sure just yet if that will happen.