Thursday, July 26, 2018

Dad And Mom In Happier Times

I bumped into this photo just now, mom and dad in happier times. It was made on April 16, 2013 during the opening night at an exhibition I had in the Kaasa Gallery here in Edmonton. Within two years my dad would be gone  from Pancreatic Cancer (February 22, 2015) and within 5 years mom would be sick with Dementia.

People spend time with your family when you can, things can change so fast! I remember after I took him home that night my dad who never said much complimentary about my efforts at photography. Told me that maybe it was a good thing that I made the photos for this show (on Klong Toey slum in Bangkok). I think he was proud of me.

I so wish I could go back to that night and spend more time with mom and dad, just sitting and talking.

Dad would probably hate the photo below, but he looks great to me!

Dad and mom enjoying some snacks at the opening