Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Swedish Money? Other Money For Donations?

I have not heard back again from my Swedish TV contact about the film rights deal, so that might be a dead end. Too bad I was also hoping to make some small money from that. Then I could have made a larger donation to the local dump school etc. I guess I will do what I can do on my own. Small individual donations of rice to the families and a separate smaller donation to the school.

I still have that money saved by doing the artist statement show cards on my own (back from February), so I can hand out that money. Forget how much it was, have to check my records. $40 or $50 extra in rice for the families, I think.

Update* I guess it is $40. When I return to Mae Sot, I will have an extra $40 for buying rice. It will be much smarter to spend the money on rice, than artist statement cards. I ended up making those cards on my own and using them in 2 shows, Exposure 2015 and Rosebud. You can see the final version of the card in the recently posted, show walk through video.

Here is the original blog link to that making my own statement cards, savings/donation idea:
http://gerryyaum.blogspot.ca/2015/01/acceptable-looking-artist-statement.html