Friday, September 25, 2015

"In Buddha's Path" Preliminary Photos?

Maybe this coming trip wit the 5x7 I can do a few shots dedicated to the new photo series idea "In Buddha's Path". I was thinking I could take the 5x7 to Ayutthaya the former capital of Siam (Thailand). Ayutthaya is chock full of temples, monks and many other things Buddhist, so it would be a good way to start out. I could make up a few small 5x7 negs. Not sure how those will look contact printed (probably too small) but this could be the start of something larger. It is important to get a feel for a new series. If I get started maybe I can keep the snowball rolling down the hill in future years with a 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20 camera.

Will have to see how this fits into things, with only 7 weeks in Asia I need to manage my time carefully and get as much done as I can. "Forgotten Laughter" is the number one priority, it is what I must concentrate on. If I can put in a bit of work on "Migrant Worker", "Families of the Dump", "Lost Innocence" and "In Buddha's Path"! That would be great!

Ayutthaya Thailand