Sunday, September 13, 2015

Packing Up The Van

Well tomorrow it is time to pack up the van and head to the Rosebud exhibition. I am going to take extra prints just in case there is room to exhibit them. Will also take this laptop which will allow me to show the Mae Sot Garbage Dump video during my Saturday talk. During the talk day there is a morning session and an afternoon session for a total of around 7 hours. I will need to be in the gallery for that entire 7 hours, welcoming guests, offering them refreshments and telling them about my subjects lives. I am not sure how busy it is going to be, it might be just me myself and I in the gallery space : )) I might spend the day talking to myself : ))

After hanging the work on Tuesday I will spend a few days camping in Banff National Park, that should be a nice relaxing change of pace. It will  be nice to be camping in Canada's beautiful nature for a few days. I can relax and lay back before the difficulties in Asia that lay ahead.

For this trip I am taking my 5x7 gear, a couple of R6 Leica 35s and the Rolleiflex Automat. Am just gaining some experience with these tools before the real shooting starts up next month. Not much of a landscape dude but going out early in the morning to catch that light and shooting trees and rocks should be a fun, soothing, distraction.

I will post a few of those photos for you to see later on.