Monday, September 21, 2015

"Families of the Dump" And "My Fathers Last Days" Opening At The Akokiniskway Gallery

Here are some photos from the opening on Saturday at the Akokiniskway Gallery in Rosebud, Alberta. I am having 12 photos from the "Families of the Dump" series, and 8 photos from the "My Fathers Last Days" series shown. The exhibition runs until October 24th. On my photo talk day at the gallery I had probably over 70 people walk through. In the shows run I hope 500 to 1000 might make it to the images. Every time there is a performance of the play, new people are in town to see it, many times they visit the gallery before or after. 1000 folks might be a bit of a stretch but 500 vistors is definitely possible over the 5 week run of the exhibition.

Akokiniskway Gallery (a remodelled church), Rosebud Alberta
Advertisement poster for the shows
Sign in, cards, show pamphlets and contact sheet photograph
"Families of the Dump" section of the exhibition
"My Fathers Last Days" section of the exhibition, first 4
"My Fathers Last Days" section of the exhibition, second 4
Dump video playing on laptop
Posters were placed all over Rosebud. This one at the plays opening night gala.
Pamphlets at the door to the Mercantile building
You know your a star when your posters end up in the toilet! : )