Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I Have One Of Those!?

You know you have way way to much photo gear when you have something and do not even know you have it, that happened to me today. I have been searching for the best way to attach my dedicated ring flash to my blad body, I needed a hot shoe type device to attach the flash power unit to. I tried all kinds of hand flash bracket grip type things and finaly found one that worked, sorta. What I really needed thou was a device I saw online that slides onto the side of the camera and has a hotshot mount. I thought geez one of those would be great, I wish I had one! Like all blad things, even in the digital age these things are fairly expensive so I kept looking for a hand grip that would work. While I was searching for a screw for the grip I was assembling I accidently found the slide on hot shoe blad thing that I had seen online. Who knew I had one all along, where did it come from? No idea.

I will test this little device tomorrow with the blad and ring flash when I make some portraits of dad. If it works, I will use it in Thai to continue the sex worker series. I will do a series of headshot portraits  of the workers on the black and white Tri-x I bought this last week. I doubt that this new  work will be accepted by local Canadian galleries either but it is essential an artist follows his heart and mind and not try to cater to what will sell, show or be popular.

What I found in my drawer.