Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Film Bought

After studying the work of Nobuyoshi Araki over the last several days and using the blad to photograph my father in the hospital today I was inspired to buy some 120mm Tri-x. I have less than 10 rolls of this film left and it has always been my favourite 120 film. Dating back to my first 3 trips to Thailand I used it extensively with 2 Mamiya 6 cameras. Tri-x is the king of films. I often tell my students use one film until you really learn it, don't get distracted by all the options there are. Once you really know a good film like Tri-x you can produce astonishing images in most any situation.

Tonight I purchased 110 rolls of the film from B&H aat a cost of $590.99 USD, including shipping and taxes. I expect to take 100 of these rolls with me on my next Thai trip, to continue portrait work on the sex worker project and also to shoot  portraits at the dump and the Klong Toey slum boxing gym. I never feel guilty spending money on film, its the flour for my type of cooking! : )