Thursday, April 17, 2014

Another B&H Film Order

I just ordered another 6-100 foot rolls of bulk 35mm Tri-x. I will not use this newest purchase of film for 5-10 years (maybe longer) but I needed to reinvest this weeks darkroom workshop profits into new film. I will make $220 CAD in my 2 workshops, the film cost $466.43 USD so I will have to add quite a bit of security money to pay it off. I am saving a bit on shipping/customs clearance by getting a few extra rolls so decided to go for it. I probably have more than a 10 year supply of Tri-x 35mm film now. The film will be safely frozen and should be fine when I pull out to use it later. The current 35mm bulk Tri-x I am using was outdated 6 years ago in 2008 and it works great with no noticeable fogging.

I am not sure how much more of this bulk Tri-x I should buy, I might go to 4x5 or 8x10 Tri-x next purchase or start buying some more Ilford warm tone 16x20 fibre paper (my favourite printing paper and size). If I get a show somewhere sometime I will need lots of this paper. I think I only have 1 or maybe 2-50 sheet boxes of the stuff hanging around. To print a major solo show I would probably need at least another 200 sheets, maybe 300.