Saturday, October 12, 2013

Very Busy Week Ahead


Gosh I have a very busy week off ahead, I wrote it all down so I would not forget anything. I need to:
Monday  
- Thanksgiving, a day off for recovery from my work week. Maybe a bit of new    35mm lens hood testing/film development to make there is no vignetting.                  
Tuesday  
- Borrow my fathers truck, go to the plastic shop and buy the 2 4x8 sheets of Dibond. Then take the sheets to another part of the city or cutting, total cost will be $600 - $650 CAD.
 - Print 2-4 more prints for the PhotoNOLA show
Wednesday 
- I will go to do my artist talk at the University of Alberta. This will be my first solo talk, hopefully there will be many more in the future and I will get better and better at them.
- Continue printing the show.
- Pick up the cut Dibond if possible, and start dry mounting prints. I will be doing up 20+ photos.
Thursday
- Continue printing if necessary. Continue dry mounting.
Friday      
- Do the secondary processing on all photos from the last few weeks.
- Go buy extra hooks and then start gluing and cutting wire for the print hanging mechanisms.
Saturday  
- Do 2 workshops with 2 students, a view camera workshop followed by a darkroom workshop, this will be an all day affair probably running from 1 pm to 7-9pm . I hope the ladies show up for the workshop as promised, I want to use the money they pay me as a donation to the people who live in the dump. Hopefully the money will help feed some children and families there as well as help pay for the running of the school.
- Finish any mounting, hanging work and properly/safely pack the prints for shipment to New Orleans.
Sunday  
- I go back to work a day early and work my regular 12 hour security night shift.
Wooo! I also have to fit in all my regular jobs like paying for car insurance, cleaning the yard (winter is coming!), helping my parents, getting health insurance for the coming trip etc.