Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dry Mounting!

Finally!! I am dry mounting the portraits for the "Body Sellers" show. I am working on my first print now, a photograph of the ladyboy worker Um 22. I want to add the hardware and hang the photo for 1 week to make sure there ore no crashing print issues! I am using glue to attach the hooks on the back of the dibond and I want to make sure all is OK before shipping things off, this will be the second set of tests on the hanging gear.

I have about 9 days to complete everything, which should not be a problem, hopefully I can get everything done in a week and have a few days left over to take a breath and relax. The departure date for the trip to Thailand to make new photos is closing in, my excitement at the possibilities is also growing daily. What will I find? Who will I meet? What photos will be made?

"Ain't Photography Grand!!!!"

Update* Here is the dry mounted final print of Um 22 on the brushed aluminum dibond. I am gluing on the the hanging hardware and will test hang it in 24 hours. I like the sheen of the aluminum, not sure if a darker stainless steel metal would look better or not. I should be able to fit 20-25 of these type mounted prints in my shipping case easily. Sorry about the glaring flash highlights from the point and shoot digi camera I used to make this pic. Happy the way this turned out, its cool to envision something in your minds eye then develop it step by step before seeing it in its final form for the first time. The process to make these prints has been difficult but quite rewarding. I owe a debt of gratitude to photo friends Larry and Jack for their help with this brushed aluminum dibond stuff. The prints should look great hanging in New Orleans, only 19-24 more to go!

Um 22 Ladyboy Sex Worker, Thailand 2007