Sunday, October 20, 2013

Progressing Nicely

Well managed to do the secondary printing (bleaching-toning) on 4 reprints I did on Friday night. I think I am done with all my printing for the show, the prints are in the final wash now and should be done-dry and ready for mounting tomorrow. I initially hoped to do 20-25 photos for this shoe the number might be under 20 now, possibly 18 or 19 prints which should be OK.

Tonight at work I will work on label titles with a signature to put on the back of each photo mouted panel of Aluminum brushed dibond. The title and signature should give the piece a more final finished feel to it.

I think I have figured out the hanging hook issues. I tried a new type of clue with fresh hooks and am currently testing the print, I've it hanging for 3 hours without problems. I think I might go to the old back up standby to the hooks of putting a piece of duct tape over it as well(glue first, black duct tape second). Duct tape on the pack of the prints might look kind of half assed but its better to look a bit half assed than have one of my prints go crashing to the ground and have the dibond all bent up (it bends relatively easily). I will do a bunch more hook gluing before heading back to bed, am working tonight, need to get my beauty rest.

Hanging test for Matt Ladyboy Sex Worker Print