Wednesday, October 30, 2013

In Thailand

Well I arrived in Thailand yesterday just before noon after a long flight. I managed to sleep for about 6 hours during the middle airplane ride (3 planes to get here) so that eased things a bit. The hotel I am staying in is an ideal location, I have the Klong Toey slum all around me, so I just need to walk out the door and a minute later I am in one part of the slum. I have 5 weeks in Thai and hope to photograph the slum, the boxers and later on the Mae Sot garbage dump refugees. I am not sure what else I will shoot but I have 200 rolls of Tri-x and I want to use it all. 

The xrays coming here were not that bad, I got 100 rolls xrayed 2 times and 100 rolls xrayed 1 time. In Taipei security is not to extreme, if you ask for a hand check they do it for you. When I got to the room I went outside and shot a few photos, then did some shopping and came back and collapsed, I woke up 12 hours later, 3pm to 3 am!