Friday, October 18, 2013

Dry Mounting Going Well

3am now, am spending the night dry mounting onto the dibond. Things are going pretty well, there are a few issues but for the most part things are coming along nicely. I have 5 prints dry mounted now and am attaching the hanging gear to the 2nd print. The glue for the hanging hooks takes 24 hours to set properly so this will be a slow process. I want to try to dry mount 10 prints tonight, tomorrow night I will do my secondary processing on the group of the prints in the darkroom. Saturday I am doing the double workshops for 2 people (workshop money will go towards dump donations) and Sunday I go back to work a day early. I need to try to do as much as I can tonight, the prints need to be completed and be ready for shipping by the end of next week.

Anyway its been a good start, here is a quick snapshot of work done so far. Time for lunch, I'm starving!


Update* Managed to dry mount 9 prints and glue the hanging hooks on 8 of those. I need to take a nap then move onto the secondary printing on 12 photos I am re-wetting. Hopefully I can finish all the secondary printing, mount at least another 11 photographs and finish off the hanging hooks/wire by Thursday of this coming week. I will need to put in 3 hours a day or so after my work shifts between Sunday-Thursday. It will be a relief to get this all done and shipped off, then I can move on to new things.