Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Last Week Of PhotoNOLA Show Work And Workshops

Well I have 6 days now to do my final printing and secondary printing for the PhotoNOLA show. I will stay up all night printing tonight then in the morning borrow my dads truck and head off to buy the Dibond and take it to a second shop for cutting. The cutting will take longer than I expected so I will probably not be able to start dry mounting the photos until Friday at the earliest and next Tuesday at the latest. I also have to add the hanging hardware next week as I cannot dry mount prints with that gear hanging off the back of the board. I should complete everything on time but it will be tight.

On the good news front, I have 2 workshops with 2 students scheduled for Saturday (4 total workshops) and I might also have a last minute view camera workshop on Friday. If all these things come to pass I will have extra money for Thai, and I can eat a bit better (have some Western food once in a while), I can also make a bigger donation to the foundations and people at the dump. I hope the students show and I can do the workshops.

Am a bit tired from the work week but I need to get into the darkroom and do at least one print tonight, maybe start a second. Wednesday is the artist talk, am looking forward to that, I got some advice from a friend that eased my mind, made me more relaxed. Talking to the students should be a gas, it should be lots of fun, I hope I can do more of these in future.