Sunday, January 1, 2012

Scanner Up!!!

Here are the first scans from the last trip, I got my scanner up and running a few minutes ago. The photograph of Ai was made in an area of Klong Toey where I returned repeatedly and photographed drinking men, glue sniffers and others living their normal lives. Ai I met 2 times, the first time led to this photograph, he was standing off in the distance as I photographed some young boys in a group, he eyed me rather suspiciously. One of the young boys called him over and I made this picture of Ai after asking his permission. This man made me feel a bit uneasy, hopefully I can photograph him again when I return to Thai in Feb/March.

All the photographs below were made with a 4x5 Linhof 2000, Tri-x film and a Nikon 150mm lens in available light with a reflector.


Ai Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011
Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011
Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011
Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011