Thursday, October 6, 2011

Boxer Heads

These boxer heads were made in available light at about 1/4 at F 11, 11.5 I found that if I shot them at 1/2 second I would get unacceptable movement much more often. In the future I must keep that shutter speed at 1/4 or faster unless I have no choice. Shooting in available light with a reflector was fun, the light can be so beautiful, I understand why Jock Sturges, Sally Man and others love shooting large format this way. I need to move up to a 5x7 then make 8x10 portraits in available light. I wonder what shooting portraits in available light with a 11x14 camera would be like? Kenro Izu does portraits with a 14x20 camera so 11x14 available lights should be possible, then I could contact print them using some old paper process (platinum prints?), that would be sweet.

Da 16 Boxer Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011
Gaew 17 Boxer Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011