Monday, October 17, 2011

Buying More Film

Cannot really afford it but bought more film today, its film and I need it! Kodak is sort of hanging on by their toe nails right now, not sure how much longer larger film sizes will be available in Tri-x. I will order bulk 35mm, 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 Tri-x as often as I can over the next couple of years and store it.

If Kodak goes belly up I will probably have to change to Ilford products but for now I will buy as much as I can afford. Not buying cameras anymore has its advantages, I now can use the camera money to spend on film which is more important.

Picked up 400 sheets of 4x5 and 50 sheets of 8x10 Tri-x for $884.10

My plan is to buy 8x10 Tri-x little by little until I have enough to do a another sex worker on white background shoot. I have 100 sheets in the freezer so with this 50 added I am at 150 sheets. I need at least 400 sheets. I also have some J&C 400 (over 100) sheets that I have used successfully for the sex worker shoots in the past.

I was hoping to be able to shoot some new sex worker on white background photos in March 2012 for 2 weeks, am not sure I will have enough money to buy all the film by that date thou. The March 2012 trip will be my third and probably last trip to Thailand until 2013 hope I can get the money together to get all the film I need.

Not sure whats happening with the Toot Yung Gallery show just yet. I might have to fit it into the March 2012 trip or do it later in the year if that fits into the galleries schedule better. If I do a later trip I might only be able to fly in for 1 week ($1400.00 ticket!!), or maybe if work allows it, I can give away a week of shifts and fly in for a 3 week trip. Will have to see how it goes.