Saturday, October 1, 2011

Local Photo Series?

I want to shoot more in Canada so have been thinking of series I can do in and around where I live. I have talked to my friend Rob (who does lots of local landscape photography) about doing a joint series of images, possibly on a small rural town slowly dying out, we might also do a series we can shoot faster with a simpler theme, maybe something like "Winter".

On my own I would also like to shoot a series on my father titled "My Father At 80" This year my father turns 80 years old so the idea would be to do a series of portraits of him in the 80th year of his life.

There is also a large lake south of my city where hundreds of people hang out on summer weekends. It would be cool to go down there 4 or 5 times a year, find interesting faces and make portraits with the 4x5 or 5x7 Linhof.

I need to shoot locally more so that I can become more fluid overseas with my creativity. Its hard to just turn on and off the shooting a few times each year, I should be shooting daily

On a related point I would also l like to do at some future date an overseas series shoot with my friend Larry. Spending 10 days somewhere in the world making photos at the same location as him would be a blast and a challenge because he is a world class photographer.

Lots of options, I have lots of things to shoot when I am not in Thailand or Cambodia working on the "Peoples Project" or the "Sex Worker" series.