Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Linhof 4x5 With Flash

I was leery of using flash with the Linhof-tripod set up but was forced to in the gym and sometimes on the street because of the very low light levels. Some of the negs so far are thin, maybe I did not let the flash fully recharge or I had the flash set to the wrong power output because I forget to recheck it after taking it out of bag.

I think the results of this type of photography will be much better when I use my new Kermit 90mm with flash, I will be closer to the subject, their will be a tiny bit of distortion for effect and it will be much more mobile and fast-fluid to shoot. With the Kermit I should be able to dance with my subject, moving quickly, changing angles and photographing with a feel for the dance. My only concern is that the camera does not arrive from Dean Jones in Australia in time for my November 13 departure.

Feeneng Song 72 Barber Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011


Mondol Grad 73 Klong Toey Slum, Bangkok 2011