Friday, September 30, 2011

Possible "People Series" Portrait Subjects

I have been thinking of where I want to go with the portraiture after the latest boxing portraits.

- Tuk Tuk and motorcycle taxi drivers
- Fisherman
- Security officers
- Photograph an isolated temple and monks, learn and understand more about the Buddhist way.
- Street vendors
- Chon Gai ( rooster fighting) trainers, gamblers, rings, crowds etc

I think the Chon Gai subject is the most interesting to me at the present. I found one man who did it in Klong Toey maybe I can photograph him and make contacts through him. JJ market in Bangkok also has birds for sale, that might also lead to photographs and contacts. I am not a fan of such a brutal sport but I would like to learn more about the people, and the lives of the people involved in it, to try to record and interpret something I do not understand is important.

I would also like to return to the gym and continue working with the Muay Thai people I met this month.