Monday, September 26, 2011

Back In Bangkok

 Back in Bangkok after a 5 hour flight and a crazy drive in a Taxi back from the Airport. The constant noise of Bangkok has my ears buzzing. I feel very much at home here thou. I helped 2 Korean girls on their first trip to Thailand at the airport, its like I am part Thai, I feel very comfortable. Speaking Thai again and being in this world again seems so easy after the confusion and isolation of Korea.

I hope to get up early tomorrow (its now 2330 hrs) and shoot a few slum shacks (18 sheets of 4x5 film left) next to a  Klong Toey canal. I only have a few hours to do the photography as I depart for Canada tomorrow evening.  So its to bed as early as I can, then getting up early, shooting, back to the room, a quick shower, packing then back to the airport. I hope tomorrows Taxi driver does not try to set a land speed record like today's did! The driver I got tonight must have been on some kind of drugs (yabaa? an amphetamine) he had wild eyes which kept darting about paranoia like and at one point got into a heated argument with a motorcycle driver he cut off.

I only shot 11, 35mm films in Korea so do not expect many good photographs, I was not inspired by the country photographically. I did enjoy my time in Korea thou, lots of nice food, and to see an entirely new country/culture/society was exciting.