Sunday, September 11, 2011

Not To Hot! Yeah Right!!

So today I am in the taxi heading to the Klong Toey market, from there I take a motorcycle taxi the rest of the way into the slum (most taxi drivers do not like to take their cars into the slum). I am sitting there in the back seat of my taxi during my 30-50 minute ride thinking, hey I do not feel its as hot this trip!, maybe I am getting used to it! I have not sweat much, am not drinking to much water! Maybe I am coming closer to  being a Thai person, maybe the heat does not bother me to much.

Flash forward about 1 hour, I am walking down the train tracks of the slum, have set up my 4x5 camera and am doing a few photos of the tracks, when Wan Chai comes up to me (see earlier blog). I start to photograph Wan Chai and the sweat is just pouring off my face! The sky is overcast there is no sun but I am sweating up a storm, its dripping onto my camera from the tip of my nose, meanwhile Khune Wan Chai is not sweating at all. I have sweat pouring down my forehead into my eyes, running down my face, no mater how many times I white my face with my shirt it starts up again, I have become the sweating falls of Gerry. I am actually wiping down my camera viewfinder for the Linhof, its so wet, drip, drip, drip.

That its not to hot stuff was just wishful thinking on my part, Thailand is hot, damn hot!