Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Korea

Been in Korea a few days now, not much photogaphy going on but am enjoying the R&R part of this trip. I was sort of burnt out lugging the 4x5 around Bangkok with 25 filim holders etc. Now I am only carrying my Leica and doing a few street and subway photos.

I stayed at a motel last night in Seoul. The motels here are a lot cheaper than the hotels. The motel I stayed in last night was a love style motel (big mirror opposite the bed, dildo machine in the lobby etc.) The room cost $35 which is not that bad a price, quite a nice room outside of the black pubic hair on one of the white towels, ICK!

Wanted to go to see the DMZ line seperating the North and South but it seems quite complicated. I need to apply for a security pass that takes 48 hours then pay for  tour from a company for the trip up North and back. I only have 6 more days in Korea so not sure I will do this, might just got to the rural areas of South Korea and maybe see some of the beaches etc.