Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Orphaned Boys

Many of the boys in the gym are orphaned or have mothers and fathers who gave them to the gym so that they could lead a more disciplined life free of booze and drugs. They go to school, then come to the gym and train everyday but Sunday. The kids are polite and well behaved and most of the young bodies of boxers, very lean with muscle tone. They have very limited knowledge of the outside world, today one boy was surprised when I told him that if you drove from my city Canada to the Southern USA it might take 3 days.

Yesterday I donated some money for food to the gym owner and head man Khune Dti, I will have to try and save a bit more to donate when I leave. I am so blessed to be born into the life I was born into in Canada. To have the opportunity to see the worlds I see now and to chase my dreams with my cameras is all a result of just being born at the right place to the right parents. So many of the children in the world no matter how hard they work will never have the opportunities I take for granted.