Friday, July 8, 2011

Things I Still Have To Do!

The show is in 7 days (3 of which I am working my night shifts). I still have lots to do but think if I do everything as planned I will complete it all on time. I got the box set done but I wanted to print a 4th Cambodian brothel portrait, the problems I am facing with my Jobo processors is making this more difficult than it need be. I also might try and reprint the first 2 photos I made in this series. Kodak discontinued their metallic photo paper in boxes so I had to buy a large machine roll and cut it up in my darkroom. Half the brothel prints are printed on the box stuff and have are printed from the roll metallic paper (designed for digital photographs), I am not sure they will look the same so might have to reprint them all on the roll stuff.

I also want to try and print one more sex worker shot on white background. I printed a diptych of the slum housing for the first photo of the show but I am not sure it is a dynamic enough photograph. I might try to print a photo I did of a ladyboy sex worker Um back back in 2007 as a replacement. I need something that will catch peoples eye and the slum shack shot thou informative is a bit boring visually. I would like to print and frame both the Um photo and the diptych then compare then in the gallery where I can make my final decision on what goes up on the wall.

So my schedule is as follows:

1) Do a final check of the prints I have made and framed already, possibly recut some mats, make sure all the prints are signed, titled and numbered (will do that on my night shifts).
2) Cut all the mats for the photographs I have to print yet, cut some mats for prints printed but not framed yet(will do that on my night shifts).
3) Monday, go to pick up some recut frames from my friend Rob, print the color work, 1 to 3 photos. Hopefully I can get the Jobo processor working well enough. Frame the color work. (my first night home from work).
4) Tuesday take most of the final framed prints to the gallery and hang them, along with the soft drinks/ water etc for the opening night.
5) Tuesday and Wednesday print the final Um photo. Frame the print and take it to the gallery.
6) Thursday show day!

Hope all that works out I should be able to get it all done in time. If I need to work 20 hours in the darkroom I will do that.