Saturday, July 16, 2011

Got My Check

Got my $400 check last night from the Alberta Foundation For The Arts. The money went right into my bank account to pay for the upcoming "Peoples Project" photos I will make in September. I will submit 5 more images next year to the Foundation and ask for more than $400 a print. I tentatively have 3 short trips to Thailand/Cambodia in the next year. I will then have a long period of over 1 year of working nightshifts in Canada. All 3 of these trips will be short but I need to shoot lots of portraits for the series. I think I have more of a handle on large format in available light and with the Linhof 4x5 it should flow better, with less breakdowns. Am quite excited about returning to Thailand, the reception the work received at the opening 2 nights ago was encouraging.

I heard from Larry today that 3 people visited the gallery yesterday, one was a Thai lady, I would have loved to get her feedback on the photography, she might have blasted it or might have loved it, either way it I would have loved to hear what she had to say (I guess she was also a photographer). The second person of interest was a former night time photo teacher of mine, she liked the ladyboy sex worker white background stuff. I would have loved to talk to her as well! To get some feedback from a skilled photographer would have been beneficial. It is a pretty cool feeling to know your work is hanging on a gallery wall and people are responding to it, I guess today a friend of Larry's a former National Geographic photographer is going to check out the images.

Exciting times!