Saturday, July 30, 2011

Behind In My Printing

I have to print 2 images for the Alberta Open and have them framed by August 20th. I also need to print as much of my October group show at the VAAA as I can (when I return from Thailand I will not have much time to put everything together). Problem is I am doing a stint of 10, 12 hour work shifts followed by another 7, 12 hour shifts and then departing to Thailand in September. When will I have time to print? Printing for "Fading Lives" sort of burnt me out and now I am right back into it with these 2 shows. I have 2 weeks in between all the work shifts to print as many photographs as I can. I also wanted to make up some RC prints to give away to the Klong Toey people I photographed last year.

This experience makes me admire photogs like Brett Weston and Ansel Adams who were so dedicated to both making new work and printing old work for shows (especially Weston). Making new work is hard enough but to also throw in printing-matting-framing for the shows is quite exhausting.