Thursday, July 14, 2011

Show Night

Well the opening is over, its 1040pm and I am at home now, tired but happy. Everything went off well, you sort of feel like a little celebrity. I did not have to do a speech but ended up talking about the photos to several smaller groups of people over the couple of hours people were there. Larry had wonderful food, there was shrimp, sushi, miniature hot dogs and hamburgers, Vietnamese sandwiches and all kinds of deserts.

Not sure there how many people were at the opening but there was lots, at times it was hard to move around the gallery, people were eating and talking downstairs then looking at the photographs upstairs. I did manage to get my final print done on time and it was a hit with several people (Um portrait on white background), so glad I worked extra hard to complete it in time. Ended up printing till 5 a.m. this morning then final processing and washing till around 10 a.m. I had to hang the print in my film drying cabinet and blow cold air on it for about 5 hours for it to dry. I got the framed print into the gallery and on the wall at about 530 p.m., a good 1 hour and 30 minute before the show opening! woo! It made for a good story in the gallery, I would tell people, you see that photograph over there? This morning at 5 am in was still wet my darkroom tray.

Larry and his wife Joanna were great in all this they really worked their tales off to make this a success. I will always appreciate the effort they went through for this opening.

Sort of feel like I have nothing to do for the first time in a long time. I guess will take a couple of days off then move on and print the photos for the Alberta Open and also print the work for the October VAAA show.

Time to take a nap now, night.