Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Will Photograph Artifacts From The Dump In Ambrotype

Found some artifacts from the dump. I originally took them from the garbage dump in Mae Sot Thailand (dirty, smelly stuff) and brought them back to Canada with the hope of including them in a show of the photos but that never happened. I dug these out of a bag I had tucked away in the garage. Think these items are from the second 2013 trip or possibly 2015 (did not go in 2014, I needed to stay with my father).

I have more items (artifacts) in the found bag that I have not opened yet, no idea what's there. Everything is still dirty but the foul smell of the garbage dump has worn off. That smell is what I hate most about the dump. The smell eats into you, haunts you. Every time you arrive at the dump it is a new slap in the face.
I will try photographing these things on wet plate. The photos will have more meaning, at least to me. They should be interesting and fun to photograph. Maybe the Ambrotypes can be included in a THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP exhibition at some point. If not, I will just look at them in memory of what that place is like, symbols of the lives there.
 
Dump items (artifacts)