Monday, January 17, 2022

Leisure Pool 50 lb. Chlorine Neutralizer (Sodium Thiosulfate), Will It Work For Me?

Decided to take a chance on a cheaper source of Sodium Thiosulfate (fixer). I use a ton of this stuff and will be using more and more as I move up to 35x35 inch plates. I thought it was worth a shot. I did some fixer reading online and believe this is the pentahydrate not the Anhydrous (stronger powdered version of Sodium Thiosulfate). I am currently using chemical supply house Sodium Thiosulfate that I believe is also pentahydrate, it is probably the same stuff as this 50lb pool chlorine neutralizer chemical. The stuff I use now is crystals, this Leisure Pool stuff is also crystals. Will it work?

Cost $179.99 CAD plus $5.54 CAD for delivery. Hope this works!! If it does I will have a super cheap source for my wet plate fixer.

Fixer for my plates?