Friday, January 14, 2022

Luthers Suggeston

Luther G  (Luther is amongst the best wet platers in the work, over 20 years experience)

LG wrote:

The real answer is shorter lens.

GY wrote:

hmm..can try that next time. Used a 600mm Nikkor F9 today I have a 450mm F10 as well. Less bellows probably a good idea. Will find a still life subject I can flash as much as I need to for the light, something that does not move. Going to see if I can find a nice pineapple. This effort failed, I think mostly because of old collodion. Will mix up a fresh batch. Somethings went well, flowing the plate seemed to work, the camera was nice too use (first time) the holder also nice to use (first time). Lots of mistakes today, but some stuff worked. A good learning day. Did 2 8x10s at the beginning, they worked fine. Hopefully by May when I get the trailer on the road, will have learned something!

 

Bellows to much, Lens to long?