Saturday, January 29, 2022

16x20 Ambrotype Doll Work Today

With my first 16x20 Ambrotype done yesterday I had adhesion issues. The non ether added G Collodion was very soppy and easily came off the glass. Today I immersed the whole plate in Albumen(3 egg whites mixed with 2100ml distilled water.,  There were no issues with collodion not sticking. The G Collodion worked fine as did the Quinn Quick Clear. 

Note* I have a bunch of QQC Collodion as well as a large mix of QQC Iodizer. Need to use it up. So far my fav Collodion is the no added ether G stuff, I threw together on my own.

Note* Loads of firsts today. A great learning day, enjoyable as well!

Doll head under safelight.
QQC Collodioni, think the line of nothing is the silver tank, low at the end of the day. The clear spots are from a sloppy developer pour I think.
G Collodion, kind of evil looking on the floor.
Early 16x20 made with G Collodion on Albuen plate, did not keep it.