Saturday, January 15, 2022

240mm Enlarging Lens Mounted To The HF2024 (20x24 Camera)

Hey! Had some good luck. The mounting flange for my 600mm Apo Nikkor lens board is the same as my El-Nikkor 240mm 8x10 enlarging lens! I was able to unscrew the 600mm from the lens board and then attach the 240mm. It was all simple fast and easy, no extra costs! Sometimes having LOTS OF STUFF, makes things easier.
 
I played with the lens a bit tonight and it is as advertised I was able to focus much much closer. Thank you so much Luther and Jesse, for helping this 20x24 newby. With you guys I would be floundering along in all kinds of wrong directions, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
 
I now have a lens for close up work, out of my existing gear. Another bonus is it is a F5.6, the 600mm was a F9.
 
Attached some photos of the difference in usable bellows length and the 2 lens.
 
Note* I guess this all makes sense, you attach a light source and a neg carrier to a 20x24 camera, and you have a 20x24 enlarger.
 
My 240mm 8x10 enlarging lens. The dent. came with the lens, I got a nice smaller 4x5 lens sent to me for free when I complained about the dent to the buyer (in the eBay pics when I bought there was no dent).
Bellows quite tight.
600mm with about almost a 5 foot bellows.
My Apo Nikkor 600mm, bought out of Thailand.
240mm at F5.6. Camera has shorter bellows and is moved close.
El-Nikkor 240mm mounted to camera.