Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Mixed The Weeks Chemistry

 So did the chemical part of things for a week of wet plate (might have to mix more).

- Sunned and filters 2 bottoles of Silver Nitrate Solution

- Mixed and filtered 2000ml of standard wet plate developer. I have started to filter the developer to clean up the pieces of debris in it. I use a cheaper type of Iron that is not as clean as the pentahydrate type.

DEVELOPER MIX = 40ML GLACIAL ACETIC ACID, 40ML ALCOHOL, 38 GRAMS IRON,    1000ML WATER 

- Mixed up fixer, using the new 50lb pail of Sodium Thiosulfate I got this week. Mixed in HOT water, to dissolve the big crystals.

FIX MIX = 400ML GRAMS SODIUM THIOSULFATE IN 1000ML WATER (used normal water)

Note* Now I need to find my "Dump Artifacts" to photograph. Am kind of tired of photographing myself!!

Update * Found and added some Sodium Bisulfate to the fix (Sodium Thiosulfate, it is supposed to extend its life).

40% Fix, in glass bottle so I can watch to make sure the large Sodium Thiosulfate crystals disolve.
Filtering the developer into a brown glass bottle