Saturday, January 29, 2022

10 To 20 16x20 "DOLLS SERIES" Ambrotypes?

Thinking of doing a series on OLD DOLLS. They have unique histories and a creepy factor I quite like. Every dolll has stories to tell, "Toy Story" like. 

This is also a good way to practice my 16x20 glass ambros. Here is first try, I lost it when it would not stick to plate well. Trying a 100% albumen covered glass next, this will help with adhesion. I think I need to wash the glass better as well.
 
Might have to change to an ether added collodion from the G Collodion, with the larger plates of the future, just so everything is tougher and stickier. We will see, so far up to a 8x10 size, love the way the G works.
 
Will go to all the used shops in search of old dolls today. It would be great if I could do a series of 10 or 20 of these.
 
 
16x20 inch doll ambrotype lost to adhesion issues.
8x10 inch glass doll plate