Sunday, June 9, 2019

Today's Food - Medicine Buy

from facebook....

did another donation goods buy tonight...got the families
2 - bags of rice
11 - pairs of socks, for both boys and girls
24 - cans of fish
8 - cans of another type of fish
COST 1341 Baht
In a second buy tonight
2 - antibiotic cream
2 - muscle pain cream - reduces swelling
1 - alcohol
1 - bandage-gauge
1 - medical tape
COST 270 Baht
I bought the food to hand out to the families. Will do another 1 or 2 bags of donation food tomorrow (each bag continues, rice, canned fish, noodles and toiletry items)
The medicine is for 2 people The 2 extra bottles (one antibiotic, 1 pain relief) I will hand out to the next people who ask me to help with medicines.
The 1st container of muscle pain cream is for a man who fell off his bicycle. The antibiotic cream, bandage, alcohol is for helping a young boy from the Win family who has a bad cut, hole in his leg, which is probably infected (see photo). I hope the medicine helps him. I will give it to his mother tomorrow and try to explain as best I can how to use everything.
2 pairs of socks are for the young girl I saw working the garbage with a cloth tied round her foot today (she had no socks). I will hand out the rest of the socks to other people at random. Never thought about buying socks before, but its a good item to donate, light, small, easy for me to carry, as well as needed and useful to those working the garbage. I am 55 years old now, carrying stuff through the garbage is more and more difficult, rice is DAMN HEAVY!! So socks works for me .
Note* I also gave a man 20 baht today along with all the donations of foods, headlamps, boots etc. I will add the money totals to the running spent donation money link on the left of my blog page.
All the buys from today (tomorrow more headlamps). We (the donators and I) bought the families in the dump, rice, 2 types of fish, socks and medicines.
Antibiotic cream for the young Win boy.
Wound on the young Win boys leg.
The young Win boy who has the infected leg wound. He was walking barefoot through the dump this morning when I made this photo. I have been photographing him and his family in the dump for the last 6 years. He always smiled before, filled with joy, but his life seems to have taken a turn for the worse. His father and mother now live apart. His father was also injured in an accident while working the garbage ( a large digging machine cut into his leg, hurting him.