Friday, June 14, 2019

Mini Digital Canon Goes For A Dump Swim And Is Destroyed

Pretty eventful morning in the dump today. The low light was watching my small canon digital camera roll down a dump garbage  hill before makings its way all the way into the water of a dirty pond below me. I lumbered down the hill after it  at full 55 year old fat man gallop but 90% of the camera was in the water for about 45 seconds, it is toast. I almost went for a swim trying to retrieve it, that would have been something, A Leica R, 3 3 lens (16mm, 21mm, and 90mm) a Rolleiflex, and a Canon 5D Mark 3, all swimming at the same time in the sticking water. I also hadl the days film in my camera bag as well, so would have lost that as well.  Luckily did did not fall in and managed to retrieve the SD card from the small digital. It still works and the videos I am posting today luckily survived. The small Canon digital is garbage thou, destroyed by the dump pond water.

Here is a video shot earlier in the day, it is of Wee Loo and his 10 year old daughter. Been photographing them for many years now, dating back to my second series of trips to the dump in 2013. He told me his wife is coming back tomorrow with their son from Burma. Wee Loo and his daughter slept in this dump shack last night, and will again tonight it is raining every night now here in Thailand. Will bring them some boots for his wife and some headlamps and raincoats for everyone else