Saturday, June 8, 2019

Gave Out Toys Today

from facebeook....

Today at the dump handed out some donated toys and donated children's cloths (from a coworker where I work security). Children in Canada helping children in the dump, that as beautiful as life can be. When you give a doll to a child and you see her smile, all the work all the effort seems like nothing It is quite beautiful.
Did lots of other donations today as well. Delivered 2 bags of food to the single men,in the swamp area of the dump also handed out 2 sets of boots as well as 8 or so headlamps and 5 or 6 raincoats, plus a ton of lollipops.
Also took a photo of a wound on a young boys leg, from a family I have known and photographed for 6 years. Will show the photo to a local pharmacist and buy some antibiotic cream-healing cream or whatever they recommend, hope that is good enough. Also going to get something to help with the bruise and pain an older man has on his chest, I guess he crashed his bicycle a few days back.
This morning I got many orders for many headlamps, and for a set of boots today. Will try to buy some socks also today. Was photographing a young pretty girl in the dump working today. She found an old cloth in the garbage and then took off her right boot then wrapped her foot in the cloth before placing it back in the boot (no socks). Told her I would bring her a pair of socks and also 1 pair for her boyfriend. I also learned the Burmese word for socks which is "Chees-zoh".
Thanks to all you wonderful people who are helping with this, your donations are making a positive difference on the lives here at the dump.
Now need to get to bed, only had 4 hours sleep last night.
Note* Thought I would share one story before sleeping. The story is about the photo of the young girl with her new doll. I took the doll out of my bag and played with it a bit, making funny noises before handing it to the young girl as a gift (I have her name recorded). She was all smiles, thrilled with her new beautiful doll. The best experience I have in the dump is giving toys to children. I needed to make a photo of the girl with her new doll to show the donation people back in Canada. I will send the photo to the donating mother back home and she will show that photo to her daughter (children donating toys to children). So to get the photo I took the doll away from the little girl in the dump. Her face fell!! She looked so disappointed! I think she thought I was taking away her new pretty doll :). I just turned the doll around so the face was facing towards the camera and gave it back to her for the pic. She was so relieved, smiled again. I will remember this interaction with the little girl, for a long time. First giving her the doll, then taking it away and handing it back to her the right way around for the photo. I will remember her changing facial expressions through out that process. Will probably make a good art talk story. Hope she enjoys her doll and shares it with her friends.

Donated this toy and a bag of children's clothes to this mother and her son.
Gave a doll to this young girl today. From a young girl in Canada to a young girl in the garbage dump.
The wound of the young boy, will buy some medicine for him.