Wednesday, June 12, 2019

595 CAD Donation Money Spent So Far


$595 CAD of the donation money spent so far. I am doing my best to hand out the money in the form of goods to the families as fast as I can. I can only carry so much into the dump each day thou, so it goes out slowly, person to person, day by day. I might run out out of time to use all the donated money this trip, as I need to leave Mae Sot and do a visa run before the 20th.

If I have donation money left over I will forward those funds to the next trip, in 2020. One person who donated $300 indicated to me that I could spend the money she donated outside the dump for other charitable projects. I will use some of her money to help "The People Under The Freeway", am also thinking of visiting a monk who spends his life helping abandoned stray dogs and many other abused and forgotten animals. The monk has a shelter of some kind in Bangkok, met him last trip at an animal hospital. I might donate some of her $300 to his work, need to check it out first thou, make sure everything is legit and on the up and up. All the other donated money I will use ONLY FOR THE 'FAMILIES OF THE DUMP" as I promised to the donators. Either this trip or in 2020, if some money is left over.