Saturday, June 29, 2019

5 "Famiiles of the Dump" Photos To Be Exhibited In Delhi India

Got some news today, do not know all the details just yet. 5 of the "Families of the Dump" pictures will be exhibited in Delhi India as part of a group exhibition in August. They also want a self portrait and a biography (Boy I hate writing these, me me me things. Why do photographers need to talk about themselves?).

It should be a good deal thou, a free opportunity to tell the story of the families to a larger audience. Raising awareness, telling stories, spreading the word and causing positive change is what social documentary photography is all about.

I guess the folks in charge of the exhibition take the sent digital files and makes prints onsite to exhibit in their gallery. No charges to me and the work gets seen, and the stories told for more people, good, good and good again!

Thank you so much for this opportunity my new Indian friends!!

More to follow, will probably be using this newly shot oh so flattering self portrait. Looks like I am about to collapse.

Self-Portrait at the dump, June, 2019