Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Fathers Day Dad

This Father’s Day am thinking of my dad and moms 2 month trip to Thailand in 2003. That year I spent 12 months here so invited mom and dad to see the sights, experience the culture. They both had so much fun, so many memories and adventures. It was a trip of a lifetime for both of them.
I remember dad getting his hair dyed red by mistake in a shop by a transgender ladyboy stylist, dad took it as a big joke, went back the next day (on his own to the same shop and got his hair re dyed brown by the same person. One of his favourite memories from the trip was him as a red head and all the joking.

I remember him climbing the highest temple in Ayyuthaya (former Thai capital) after I told him it was not safe. He said “But I will never get another chance!” . He did that on his own when no on was looking. Suddenly there was my 70 year old dad at the top of this very tall and very steep ancient temple. He smiled all the way down as mom and I ran back to get him.

I remember him eating many styles of new food and on his knees bowing and waiing to Buddhist monks offering them alms in the early morning, He surprised me over and over again that trip. My dad always did that, he surprised me so many times.

I miss him so much. Love you dad , HAPPY FATHER”S DAY!

My father and I had the same birthday 32 years apart. The photo is from one of those shared times.

One of our shared birthdays