Friday, May 19, 2023

Took "Peacher", My Little Drone Friend For A Fly!

Did some 4K video for the first time today with the drone (after receiving my micro SD cards). I think this DJI mini 3 pro drone will serve its purpose. 

- I can make video for the new YouTube channel on the AMBROTOS KANATA project. 

- I can probably use it as an interview camera as well. I would mike myself up and fly the drone near to do a quick talk and video! I am a bit concerned about drone noise, but the idea might work. I saw an online friend do the same recently (I think!).

- The other cool thing with the drone is that I can use it to capture hi res still photos (48 mega pixal camera). Then I can take those files, and in post convert them b/w, make a digital negative, and print the image traditionally as a Platinum/Palladium print or in another form.

The freaky part of drones is you can send them out of sight and out of hearing, on long journeys. You can send them out as long as the battery allows. While they are far off, today did like a block plus at 100 feet, you lose sight of them, you also cannot hear them when they are about 50 feet away. That is something I am not used to. You can see what the drone sees through your controllers LCD but you cannot see or hear the drone.  It becomes eerily silent, you are left alone in a field. 

You kinda worry for the little, fragile drone. Is it still there? Will it come back? Where is my little drone friend?  Then through some kind of amazing modern tech sorcery, it does return.